In this tutorial we'll see how to create a functional test case for a Server Streaming method. We'll be using the RouteGuide example service that is part of the gRPC repository.
- Discover a gRPC service using *.proto file or via Server Reflection. Please see the Getting Started tutorial on how to do this.
- Navigate to the Tests menu and click on the Create button. Unlike the screenshot below, select the method ListFeatures (this is the Server Streaming method)
- Configure the Test Information, Validation Rules, and Test Input. These steps are described in the Create Functional Test Case (Unary) tutorial.
- Because ListFeatures is a server streaming method, the test case contains an additional section for the streamed server responses. See screenshot below.
- Click the Run ( ) button
- The Response and Server Stream messages match. We have a passing test!